Friday, July 23, 2010

one frozen margarita DAY 05



Alexa and I are probably the world's worst bloggers. i used to stalk her on chictopia without me realizing we're officemates. it took us a little while to eventually warm up to each other until THAT fateful day when we both realized we have missed the world of self-gratification that is the blogosphere. yes, self-indulgence is never a sin when you have at least one social network account. so, we got this idea from aisa to chronicle our somewhat mundane lives for a month. everyday, we sneak out at 1630 to take photos of ourselves. we had a photographer who i eventually fired for crushing on me. kidding aside, here's hoping we'd be able to finish the 30-day challenge without us being caught sneaking to the rooftop and would eventually get used to the stares we get for wearing winter clothes in a tropical country (me) and for being simply guapa (her). I was supposed to start last Monday but being the procrastinator that i am, i busied myself with all the revamp i will doing in my little space in the world wide web. so this is DAY 05 - a picture/s of somewhere you've been to.
SINGAPORE - april 2010
i was mesmerized not by its beauty but by how singaporeans seem to have a rhythm
entirely their own. there's chaos and serenity. a juxtaposition of the ancient and the new. a mutual respect between the young and the old.
i found myself holding my dear friend's hand on our way to the airport.
we both know we have left a big chunk of ourselves somewhere in IONcity.
looking at these pictures still give me the goosebumps.
I have missed you, chinese. i will see you soon.
♥ miss east