truth be told, I was a flip-flops girl looong before i discovered the world of stilletos and the wonders they do to one's legs. I was always out of town, always wanting to get a tan and was always in tsinelas. And I couldnt be happier when i discovered Havaianas. I went mountain-climbing with my first pair because i refused to wear those insipid-looking mountaineering shoes. Yes, I can be shallow like that and the supposed two-hour trek was stretched to three and a half. all thanks to me
walking sashaying oh-so-carefully enjoying the scenery and the breeze and the full moon. How I managed to get to the top unscathed is still beyond me. Those long days under the sun may be long gone but my heart still skips a beat everytime i see a cute pair of havaianas
- embellished, the slims, the classics, they all have a special place in my heart. :)
|My first pair of havainas, my wandering feet and flip flop tan lines. alona beach, panglao circa 2005|
“This year, Havaianas is celebrating its 50th year and this year’s MYOH is geared to be the most special one as the brand’s origins and journey through the years will be highlighted through an exhibit. We look forward to seeing Havaianaticos express themselves and tell their stories once again through their MYOH pairs” says Leanne Florendo of A.L. Amizade Marketing Inc., who along with partner Aimil Sarmiento, are responsible for bring the world’s favorite brands of flip flops to Cebu and the rest of Central and Eastern Visayas.
For first-timers, here is a guide to the DIY process of MYOH. Just remember, walk in with happy FEET for a truly empowering Havaianas experience.
1. Freedom of Choice – Let go of your inhibitions! Anything goes with this event. There is no wrong or right so celebrate your freedom of choice. It might help to come prepared though and already think of what look you want to achieve or a certain theme you want to play out with your Make Your Own Havaianas pair- timeless or trendy, subdued or bright hues, tropical or urban, the choices are yours. Just have fun!
2. Express and experiment– MYOH is the ultimate form of self-expression and the possibilities are endless here. From the rainbow colored top and slim soles to the candy colored straps, experiment with and preview the different combinations using the MYOH signature color wheels before making a decision. This year’s exclusive, commemorative Make Your Own Havaianas estampas sole in classic white or black emblazoned with Brazil and 1962 in gold to symbolize its birth year and golden anniversary will surely be a highly coveted piece.
3. Embellish– Havaianas tells its story with its special pins that speak volumes about its heritage- 1962 marks the brand’s birth year while Brasilipinas symbolizes its journey to the Philippines while the soccer ball stands for a favorite Brazilian and Filipino pastime and sport. Havaianas wants you to tell your own story too with its selection of personality pins – from letter pins that will spell out your name or anything under the sun, crystals, summer-staple symbols such as aviators, crowns and much much more. In line with its 50th Celebration, Havaianas is sharing its happiness with Operation Smile. For each pair you purchase that is embellished with a Happiness pin, you donate Php 100 to Operation Smile, a charity organization for children that provides free surgeries to repair cleft lip, cleft palate and other facial deformities for children around the globe.
4. Tell the world – Share your experience with the rest of the world. After having your chosen sole, stap and embellishments put together by the able Havaianas ambassadors who make the magic happen, post a photo of your new pair or of you and your friends at the event, share your thoughts, check-in or update your status through Instagram, Twitter or Facebook and tag them with hashtag #MYOHcebu2012 to be one with the Havaianas Cebu community.
Ready now? Your feat of self-expression and FEET will get you through this year's MYOH! Get your soles ready for MYOH 2012 on August 2-5, 2012 at the SM Northwing Atrium.